e_mcmichael

Monday, March 29, 2010

Grandmother


So I have know for about a month that my Grandma McKouen was/is dying of cancer. It spread to her liver and she is slowly wasting away into oblivion. The doctors gave her 6 to 8 weeks and it is closely hitting that 6 week mark. I went home this weekend to see her for what I know is my last time. She is a dark tint of yellow (due to the cancer spreading to her liver) and she is constantly sleeping (another sign that its near the end). She has survived it all. She made it through the great depression, WWI and WW2, not being able to have children and adopting 3 (including my mother) and over spring break she turned 90 years old. The hardest part of all of this is my Grandpa. He wants to be so strong and do everything. He is so tired. I wish I would have payed more attention while I was younger. My grandma would tell us all of the stores of where she got the possessions that scatter her house. There are many wonderful pieces. I would like to share some with you.


1 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

    Thanks for sharing. I felt many of the same thoughts when I visited my grandmother in the hospital for the last time earlier this year. She passed away a week before her 93rd birthday. All the best...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home